question

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

PaymentConnector & Tethered / Customer Facing Devices

We are in the process of moving from using ACTION_SECURE_PAY and ACTION_CLOVER_PAY to the PaymentsConnector (it seems to offer a lot of benefits and remove a bunch of logic we previously needed in our code).

Unfortunately, upon testing it looks like the PaymentConnector is launching the payment flow on the primary device when in a tethered scenario.

Is this expected behaviour? I am struggling to find documentation stating that, and also what code/logic we need to put in place to handle it?

Thanks

Lee

PaymentsPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Yes, that is the expected behavior. Unfortunately, the only way to workaround this is to determine if you are tethered and if you are to use Remote Pay Android instead of Payment Connector. I am asking around to get some information on the best way to determine if you are tethered or not. We do have some integrators using this approach.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Thanks for the prompt reply. Perhaps this is something you may consider for future, a universal mechanism which works across any device and handles tethered scenarios too?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Lee Tickett commented ·

That would be nice, it is challenging though. Maybe someday we will get there. The info I got from the team is that you can try to use Remote Pay Android, and if you can't connect you can fallback to Payment Connector.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community