question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked darrank commented

Determining if MERCHANT_TENDER intent is from Register or Sale

Hello,

Is there any way to determine if a clover.intent.action.MERCHANT_TENDER intent has come from the Register app or Sale app? I was thinking of looking at the order line items and if it's just one item called "Sale" then we can probably guess it came from Sale. But then of course that rule might change.

You might be thinking "well the app shouldn't care", but in the case of Payments Plus we need different behavior because there is no support for line items and guaranteed support for a customer facing tender so we're stuck supporting two pretty different ways of doing things under one app. Another solution would be if we had the ability to turn off the merchant facing tender in Sale but not the Register for non-Payments Plus merchants, but I don't think that's possible.

Thanks!

MerchantCustom Tenders
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darrank avatar image darrank commented ·

Did you find a solution for this? I am in a similar situation.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Dan commented

Can you interrogate the merchant's plan and vary your behavior based on that?

https://docs.clover.com/docs/understanding-modules#section-identifying-a-merchants-saa-s-plan

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Thanks Jeff we do that of course, the problem is that if I want to block access to the app via a Sale merchant tender click if the merchant is on the Register Plan, I can't because Sale tender clicks are identical to Register tender clicks.

I think the solution is just to make the app function well with a Sale tender click regardless of plan, however the tender graphic is a slight problem because it can't be changed programmatically so I'll need to update it to make it a little more ambiguous to suit either plan.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community