question

Chris H avatar image
Chris H asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Want to disable "A new card was added to your customer profile"

Trying to figure out how to disable this message when adding a token to a customer. Any suggestions?

e-commerce apiCustomers
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you explain what you are doing?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris H avatar image Chris H David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David, i guess that would help. We are doing the following:

1. tokenizing the customers credit card using the clover api - https://docs.clover.com/reference/tokens

2. taking that token and creating/updating the clover customer object using the ecom endpoint - https://docs.clover.com/reference/customers . The tokenized credit card is being used as the source for the customer endpoints create/update (if existing)

3. We are then creating an order using the clover orders ecom endpoint, assigning the new/updated customer to this order being created.

4. We are storing the users email in the clover customer object we create or update. Once we update the clover customer with the card token the user's email receives a message that "A new card was added to the customer profile," every time we create a new order.

We want the receipt email but we don't want the notification about the card being added to their customer record. I hope this explains it well enough.

We also don't want to persist the card token for the customer record, passed the current order opened for them.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

When a card is stored for a customer, we are required to notify the customer. The email is required. I think what you want to do is use the v3 customers endpoint instead of the ecomm endpoint which will allow you to create the customer record without storing a card for the customer.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community