question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked Dan commented

Is there any way to programmatically trigger an inventory 'sync'?

I've had several use cases for this but my most recent one has exposed the issue again. I am allowing a user to add a tag to an item, by creating it and then calling the inventory connector's assignItemsToTag function. It works but so far the only way I can see for the inventory connector to pick up that an item has the tag assigned to it is to exit the app, launch the inventory app, and hit the sync button in the top right.

This is a pretty bad user experience and will be difficult to explain to all of our merchants that they must do this after any tag assignment. I don't mind throwing up a dialog for X seconds if this is a long operation, it would be preferable to the current setup. If there is no way to force a sync, can you think of a better solution?

Thanks a lot for your time

Inventory
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

A sync should not be required. If it is, that's a bug. We don't want people triggering manual syncs, only because that doesn't scale and would eventually grind our servers to a halt. As always, it's very helpful if you can build a deployable test harness app that demonstrates the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Thanks Jeff, I will probably do that if I get the time. The delay I'm experiencing is quite consistent for me which should make it easy enough to replicate in a sample app

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community