question

kuttie avatar image
kuttie asked kuttie commented

Voided Line Items end point returning "Account not found" message

I am trying to run a report on voided/deleted line items through this api end point

https://api.clover.com/v3/merchants/XXXXXXX/voided_line_items?access_token=XXXXXX

Here is the response

{

"message": "Account not found"

}

What am i missing ?

I am able to execute other api end points using the same merchant id and access token. I am not sure why it says "Account not found" for this end point

I tried the sandbox environment too and its the same result.

OrdersLineItems
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered kuttie commented

It appears you are using a merchant and not an OAuth token, is that correct? I can reproduce the issue if I use a merchant token. I cannot reproduce it if I use an OAuth token. This may be a limitation on merchant tokens, and it may be by design. However, I have created an internal issue for someone to take a look (I am not expecting it to be a priority). That being said, you are strongly encouraged to use OAuth tokens as our documentation indicates: https://docs.clover.com/docs/merchant-id-and-api-token-for-development.

WARNING
Production apps must use API tokens generated using OAuth or the Clover Android SDK. Test API tokens generated from the sandbox Merchant Dashboard are intended for development and testing only.
In production environments, test API tokens have additional restrictions and are more severely rate limited.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kuttie avatar image kuttie commented ·

Thank you David for getting back.

I did take a look at the OAuth 2.0 documentation and it talks about how Apps on Clover App Market can get access to merchant data through CLIENT ID and CLIENT SECRET. I don't have any App on the Clover App Market. So i don't have any of that information.

I am just trying to run reports using your REST API end points through Java implementation. So, how do i use OAuth in my case ? Do you have any code snippets which can help me ?

Appreciate your help

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kuttie commented ·

You need to have an app. What exactly are you doing? Did you get hired by a single merchant and they provided you with a merchant key?

0 Likes 0 ·
kuttie avatar image kuttie David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I own a restaurant and i have created an api token myself and running some reports based of that token :)

All i am doing is making get calls using the end points and parsing the json response

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community