question

michaelelias avatar image
michaelelias asked michaelelias commented

Payment Connector with USB Pay Display app

We're using the Payment Connector in our Clover app to start the card payment flow. We'd also like to be able to start the payment flow on a connected Clover Mini using the USB Pay Display app, similar to how the Register app allows a merchant to start the payment on the Clover Mini.

We've tried using the Remote Pay Connector for Android, but this seems to create USB permission conflicts with the USB Pay Display app on the merchant facing device.

Is there maybe some intents we can use to communicate with the USB Pay Display app on the merchant facing device to initiate the payment flow on the tethered Clover Mini?

USB Pay Display
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Is there maybe some intents we can use to communicate with the USB Pay Display app on the merchant facing device to initiate the payment flow on the tethered Clover Mini?

No

We've tried using the Remote Pay Connector for Android, but this seems to create USB permission conflicts with the USB Pay Display app on the merchant facing device.

Can you provide details on the error you are receiving and exactly what you are doing on the merchant facing and customer facing device?

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelelias avatar image michaelelias David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I seem to be unable to reproduce the USB permission atm, but a permission dialog showed up requesting to grant my app USB permissions. After accepting the USB Pay Display app no longer would connected and I had to reinstall the USB Pay Display app.

I've tried 2 approaches to starting the payment flow on the tethered Clover Mini:

• Using the Customer Facing Platform SDK to start a custom activity which in turn tried to use the Payment Connector to start the payment flow
  • Using the Remote Payment Connector for Android

What is the right approach to start the payment flow on the tethered Clover Mini from within an app on the merchant facing Clover device?

0 Likes 0 ·
mikebrooking avatar image mikebrooking michaelelias commented ·

Payment Connector is used for taking payments on the same Clover device that you are running on, the remote-pay-android-connector SDK would be the correct approach for a tethered setup to take the payment on the tethered Clover mini.

The dialog from android is establishing the app that will handle and launch on USB attach/detach events.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
michaelelias avatar image michaelelias David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Was able to reproduce the USB permission dialog. This happens when I plugin the tethered Clover Mini into a Clover Register with my app installed.

0 Likes 0 ·
1592513077037.png (25.6 KiB)

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community