question

sophia avatar image
sophia asked Omar Reyes commented

Can I turn partial authorizations off?

I'm a semi-integrated developer. Can I turn partial authorizations off? How can I tell if a partial authorization happened?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sophia avatar image
sophia answered Omar Reyes commented

This is a frequently asked question. Most ISVs that semi-integrate to Clover are not aware that partial authorizations are automatic and that there is no way to request that any partial authorization be converted into a failed transaction.

To know if a partial authorization has occurred, simply compare the payment response amount with the payment request amount. If they differ, then the customer was only able to pay a portion of the sale. You will have to complete the sale and issue a second sale for the remaining amount.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes commented ·

Thank you for the explanation. If I am not bypassing the clover's printer will the clover print a receipt showing the order's total amount and the partial amount paid? Is it possible to simulate a partial payment on a sandbox clover mini?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community