question

mrcartier avatar image
mrcartier asked sevenmentor44 answered

How to get charge response - Python SDK

Trying to use python SDK to create a charge but I'm not sure how the response is returned. In the docs screenshot below

I can create the charge & (I assume) the python SDK posts to it the endpoint but that's it? A sample response is shown but just not clear to me how it's returned...

Sandboxe-commerce api
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I haven't used the python SDK, but from the docs I would assume the "charge" variable contains the response.

0 Likes 0 ·
mrcartier avatar image mrcartier David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks @David Marginian for reply, you're right. As best I can tell from docs we do not need OAuth token when creating a charge with python SDK. But every response I get is 401...

print('in charge token is: ', token,' money: ',amt)
charge = Charge.create(amount=amt,currency='usd',source=token)
print('clover charge ',charge)

In the terminal I keep seeing 'clover charge {'message': '401 Unauthorized'}' which indicates token is invalid. But when I try same token that fails along with an OAuth token like the call found here I get a 200 response (screenshot below)

Do we need to include OAuth token too? It seems the tokens work along with an OAuth token but from docs I can't tell where to include it using the python SDK code block above when creating the charge (charge = Charge.create.....)

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ mrcartier commented ·

Have you read the docs here:

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/making-charges-sdk

You need to get the token for a card before calling charge.

Also, please see the README included in the SDK download.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
sevenmentor44 avatar image
sevenmentor44 answered

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. We Provide the Exclusive Python Training in Pune Program for Beginners in Pune with Placement Assistance. Practical Training on Python Programming. Attend Python Classes in Pune Classroom/Online Training in Pune.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community