question

jayasreep avatar image
jayasreep asked jayasreep commented

How can I update the clover order's status to "ready for pickup" (custom status value)?

How can I update the clover order's status to "ready for pickup" (custom status value)? Our app would like to alert users once their food order is ready for pickup using this status value. Also, please guide if there are any other order status values that can be used for the same purpose.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered jayasreep commented

We don't have custom order statuses. We do have an order note which can be updated. You could encode whatever value you want in there to indicate it's ready for pickup (e.g., append "[R]" to the end, or whatever).

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jayasreep avatar image jayasreep commented ·

Thank you for your answer. We cannot use "notes" because our requirement is, once the merchant updates the order status via clover register, we would send the notification to the user and I don't think, merchant would be able to update the notes from their register/dashboard. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it possible for the merchant to update a particular order's "notes" from their register/dashboard?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, order notes can be updated by the merchant. But expecting the merchant to update the note by hand in a particular way that you expect doesn't sound reasonable. Have you considered keeping your own order meta data DB where you can map the ID to your own status? You don't have to encode everything in the order itself.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

It sounds like you are asking if there's an existing hook that would allow you to determine "ready for pickup". No, the concept of ready for pickup doesn't exist in our system. Order states are not for that purpose. Sounds like an opportunity for an enterprising developer :)

0 Likes 0 ·
jayasreep avatar image jayasreep commented ·

Thank you for your answer again. Our app would alert the user once their food order is ready for pick up based on a particular status (of the order) in the Clover POS. What is the current flow for order processing in the Clover POS (for restaurants)? Does the merchant update in the Clover register/dashboard once the food order is ready i.e. before attaching the payment object? Additionally, I learnt from another question in this forum that the order state can also be "locked". Please let me know usage of the "locked" order state.

-1 Like -1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community