question

araskin avatar image
araskin asked claper87 commented

2020 State of Refunds via API

There have been many posts on the community regarding doing a refund via API. I see that many have them were clearly answered that this is not possible. However...

1. Some of these posts are a year or older

2. I now see a refund end point on the eCommerce API.

So my question is:

It seems that we can do a refund for an online purchase (ecommerce) however can we use the same API to refund something that was charged via terminal such as Clover Flex?

REST APIRefund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered claper87 commented

The E-Commerce API is new and refunds are supported. Yes, card-present Clover orders should be refundable via the E-Commerce API. I haven't tested refunds for card-present Clover orders but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

araskin avatar image araskin commented ·

Brilliant. Thank you. We will definitely test that....

0 Likes 0 ·
claper87 avatar image claper87 commented ·

Hi David,

I'm getting:

Could not resolve host: scl-clover.com

while doing the following HTTP post to the production environment:

curl --request POST 'https://scl-clover.com/v1/refunds' \
--header 'Accept: "application/json"' \
--header 'Content-Type: "application/json"' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer (masked)' \
--data-raw '{"charge":"8GVFN0FT9RV28","amount":2600,"externalReferenceId":"EFHSFM740QYP4","reason":"requested_by_customer"}'

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ claper87 commented ·

scl.clover.com not scl-clover.com. Did you copy scl-clover.com from someplace in our docs? If so, let me know so I can get that fixed.

1 Like 1 ·
claper87 avatar image claper87 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you. You were right; changing to scl.clover.com did it. It was my mistake, the documentation is correct.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community