question

Omar Reyes avatar image
Omar Reyes asked ·

Could not refund transaction: DECLINED: No reason provided.

Hi,

We are currently attempting to partially refund $3.00 on a payment of $5.00 using the Network Pay Display app. When I attempt to refund we receive the following error:

The error result and reason is "FAIL" and the message says "Could not refund transaction: Declined: No reason provided."

This is how I am executing the refund:

var refundRequest = new clover.remotepay.RefundPaymentRequest();

refundRequest.setOrderId(refund.orderId);

refundRequest.setPaymentId(refund.paymentId);

refundRequest.setAmount(refund.amount);

getCloverConnector().refundPayment(refundRequest);

What could be the cause of this? If I refund the full $5.00 amount is goes through without issues but any partial amount fails with this error.

orderID: K0PS1SHQT36CE

paymentID: M9XRJ2XATMW1M

Thanks.

semi-integrations
1580504868567.png (106.4 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Turns out that I only get this issue when I try to partially refund an Android Pay payment. If I partially refund a payment where I entered the chip of the card it goes through successfully. Any ideas why?

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

It is possible that you need to set the fullRefund flag to false (although this does seem like it should be unnecessary) - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/voids-and-refunds.

4 comments Share
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Turns out that I only get this issue when I try to partially refund an Android Pay payment. If I partially refund a payment where I entered the chip of the card it goes through successfully. Any ideas why?

0 Likes 0 · ·

There is likely an explanation for this but I will have to ask the payment folks. What type of payment are you trying to refund? If it is a pre-auth have you captured it?

0 Likes 0 · ·
Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes David Marginian ♦♦ ·

It is a normal sale using the following code:

const saleRequest = new clover.remotepay.SaleRequest();

saleRequest.setExternalId(clover.CloverID.getNewId());

saleRequest.setCardEntryMethods(clover.CardEntryMethods.ALL);

saleRequest.setAmount(sale.amount);

saleRequest.setAutoAcceptSignature(false);

if (!sale.tip) saleRequest.setTipMode(clover.payments.TipMode.NO_TIP);

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community