question

sparkage avatar image
sparkage asked Emily L answered

Card tokenizing and split payments–bug?

I am tinkering, and think I may have found a bug (or there's something about card tokenization I don't understand):

Steps taken:

1. Create two new customers "Customer A" and "Customer B"
  2. Open the Customers app, navigate to Customer A, and create a new order for them. Enter the test card number '6011 3610 0000 6668' manually. Complete the order.
  3. Back to Customers, and create an order for Customer B. Enter the test card number '4242 4242 4242 4242' manually. Complete the order.
  4. Go directly to the Register app and create a new order.
  5. Add items and hit Pay, split custom amount, 2 ways.
  6. Enter Customer A's card number from step 2 for the first payment.
  7. Enter Customer B's card number from step 3 for the second payment.
  8. Complete the order.

Expected result:

Both Customer A and Customer B associated with the split order, and further orders using Customer B's card are associated to Customer B.

Observed result:

Customer A is the only customer associated with the order when retrieved using the API. Additionally, Customer B's credit card from step 3 is now listed under cards for Customer A (but it is also listed under Customer B).

If I then create a new order, and use Customer B's credit card, Customer A is associated with the order.

Version:

Register 1.0-1468

OrdersPaymentsCustomers
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Just a side question, but where do you see credit cards listed in the Customers app? Within the help page of the customers app (https://www.clover.com/help/customers-app/) it is not mentioned that credit cards are stored to customers' details. I tested this by swiping a credit card with which a known customer bought something before, but the new order was not assigned to the relevant customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
sparkage avatar image sparkage greg commented ·

They're not listed in the Customers app, but you can see which cards have become associated with a particular customer using the API. In the Customers app, you can see the Orders associated with a particular customer, however.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Emily L avatar image
Emily L answered

Thank you for your detailed bug report. This is a known issue that’s being tracked internally.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community