I am tinkering, and think I may have found a bug (or there's something about card tokenization I don't understand):
- Create two new customers "Customer A" and "Customer B"
- Open the Customers app, navigate to Customer A, and create a new order for them. Enter the test card number '6011 3610 0000 6668' manually. Complete the order.
- Back to Customers, and create an order for Customer B. Enter the test card number '4242 4242 4242 4242' manually. Complete the order.
- Go directly to the Register app and create a new order.
- Add items and hit Pay, split custom amount, 2 ways.
- Enter Customer A's card number from step 2 for the first payment.
- Enter Customer B's card number from step 3 for the second payment.
- Complete the order.
Both Customer A and Customer B associated with the split order, and further orders using Customer B's card are associated to Customer B.
Customer A is the only customer associated with the order when retrieved using the API. Additionally, Customer B's credit card from step 3 is now listed under cards for Customer A (but it is also listed under Customer B).
If I then create a new order, and use Customer B's credit card, Customer A is associated with the order.