question

James Tickett avatar image
James Tickett asked James Tickett commented

Why is my Mobile Devkit stuck "offline"?

I can see Logcat reporting an SSL issue:

10-14 09:02:24.903 1590-4189/? W/System.err: com.clover.common.http.NetworkErrorException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake terminated: ssl=0x6c79b950: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error

10-14 09:02:24.903 1590-4189/? W/System.err: error:14094415:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate expired (external/openssl/ssl/s3_pkt.c:1256 0x6db9e308:0x00000003)

Sorry if this isn't much use... I'm not sure how/where to view the certificate in question. We have another mobile devkit under the same Merchant which is working fine.

DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel answered James Tickett commented
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Thanks Jim!

It is back online, but now I have another issue popping up as a notification in the top-left:

PIN Debit Configuration Error
There was an issue configuring PIN acceptance on this device. You can continue to take payments securely. Please contact customer support to configure PIN entry.
0 Likes 0 ·
jim-patel avatar image jim-patel commented ·

That one I don't know. You should post it as a new question.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Jim, that error seems to have cleared now, although nothing had been changed... just powered down over the weekend. Pretty sure I'd tried a reboot at the time though, so not sure what cleared or caused it.

Is there any idea what causes the SSL issue? Asking because the issue for us seemed to happen for no reason, and our client is also using a devkit which was not going through the problem at the same time... should we expect this to happen soon? Can we apply the patch in advance so that we don't experience any more unexpected downtime?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community