question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked carinamon answered

Using Clover Flex as a payment terminal

Hello,

We have an opportunity of building a new application. Since it is so hard to get applications approved by Clover anymore, we are considering building an Android tablet based application and use Clover Flex strictly as a payment terminal. In this scenario, there will be no Clover based application. However, that application will use Clover Flex as a payment terminal, just like any other pinpad terminal (like ingenico or pax).

Can somebody point me to any samples for that kind of application. There several samples for payment connector but I am not sure if that requires a Clover approved application (that is what we are trying to avoid).

Thanks in advance.

PaymentsClover Flex
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Just a side question: Why do you think it is so hard to get an application approved?

0 Likes 0 ·
greg avatar image greg greg commented ·

Oh, have just seen your struggles with approval

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ greg commented ·

Greg, I can't answer your question specifically. I do know that we realize our app approval process is not ideal and we are working on improving it.

0 Likes 0 ·
wsadiq avatar image wsadiq greg commented ·

I have submitted an application to Clover and it has been 2 months and have not heard anything from Clover. I have sent repeated requests for status and have not received any satisfactory timeline. If you search this forum, you will see that there are many other developers who have been waiting for months to even get an initial response form Clover. For small developers, having to wait for months to get their apps approved can result in significant financial loss and sometimes loss of opportunities. That was the sole reason I was looking for ways to not having to build another app that has to go through Clover's approval process.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Payment Connector is for on Clover device apps.

Just because the app won't be running on a Clover device does not mean you do not need a Clover approved application. Any integration will require a Clover approved application. In this case it seems like you are looking for a semi-integrated solution.

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/clover-development-basics-semi

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carinamon avatar image
carinamon answered

Once the payment information is entered, the Clover Flex will communicate with the payment processor to authorize the transaction. If approved, the customer will receive a receipt, either through email, text message, or printed if you have a printer connected to your Flex.

infinite craft

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community