question

wlane avatar image
wlane asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Endpoint to create a merchant

Is there a API endpoint to create a new merchant? Can't find it in https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/reference

Upon creation of a merchant, what's the user flow? Do they receive an email to validate my permissions?

Merchant
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You can't create a merchant through REST APIs. Merchants are added to our system through an onboarding process.

Maybe you can give more details about what you are trying to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
wlane avatar image wlane Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

A merchant that uses clover wants to register with my app. They go on my website, fill a form, give me their consent and information. When they confirm, I'd like to send a request to one of your endpoints, receive the mId in the response, and from now one have that merchant enrolled in my app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ wlane commented ·

It seems like you are trying to solve a different problem than how to create a merchant. You want to offer an interface on your website that allows an existing Clover merchant to install your app to their existing Clover merchant account, is that correct? I think you should create a new community question for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Per your original question, Jeff is correct, you cannot create a merchant via the REST API.

"Yes, just REST calls on their behalf. Is that possible?"

It is possible but you need to have a Clover webapp (https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/clover-development-basics-web-app) - otherwise anyone would be able to get merchant data without their approval. Once you have an approved webapp the merchant needs to grant it the authority to make calls on their behalf which is done by following our OAUTH2 flow - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/using-oauth-20.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wlane avatar image wlane commented ·

Thanks David. What if my "app" is actually a REST api itself, that lives in my cloud space. I should still be able to GET my customer's (the merchant) data, shouldn't I?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ wlane commented ·

Yes, the web-app is largely a mechanism to allow you to obtain a token. When your merchant logs in and wants to install your Clover web-app you will guide them through the OAUTH2 flow, obtain a token for them and securely store it (good for one year). You will then be able to use that token to make api calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
wlane avatar image wlane David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I see, thanks. What's the review process you have for the "apps"? And what the requirements? I read the link you sent, but what about our (private) source code? The page speaks about bug-checks: do you run automated tests, or what else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community