question

Akram Ayach avatar image
Akram Ayach asked Akram Ayach commented

Can someone access web URL with Clover Flex POS

Hi, does Clover Flex POS device support access to web URLs? I am trying to connect a very simple web based payment interface that handles transactions through a few steps using user input. Please help

semi-integrations
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you asking if the Flex has a web browser? Or are you trying to make an external API call from your POS running on the Flex?

0 Likes 0 ·
Akram Ayach avatar image Akram Ayach commented ·

Hi @David Marginian, I am trying to find out if Clover Flex POS terminal can access external web URL and if so how to proceed with doing this.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Akram Ayach commented ·

I don't understand your question. You need to provide more details on exactly what you are trying to do. Are you:

1) Asking if the end user of a Flex can open a web browser and navigate to a web page.

or ...

2) Asking if a POS you built that is running on the Flex can make an external call to get data from a web service, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Akram Ayach commented

The Clover Flex does not have a web browser, I believe this is for compliance reasons - see - https://community.clover.com/questions/3382/creating-a-webview-app-in-sandbox-on-my-dev-clover.html.

You could possibly do this with an Android app and a webview, once again see the above post. We also have an example of doing this here - https://github.com/cloverhackathons/JavascriptWebviewBinding.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David, thanks again, that's exactly my query. Would an android app with web view to a url work on flex by downloading it directly on the device?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Akram Ayach commented ·

Can you explain what you mena by downloading it directly on the device? You could create an Android app, get it published in our app market and your merchants could install it. Your app could use a webview to access a website.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok perfect so after its created should publish it within clover app market, that answers the question thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community