question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Carl commented

Can We Charge Just Once Per Merchant For Our App?

If a Merchant has multiple Clovers, can we ensure that they are only charged once even if the App is installed on each Clover?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered Carl commented

A merchant is not charged according to the amount of devices the app is installed on. If a business has multiple locations, then they will have multiple "merchants" in Clover's ecosystem. Each merchant is tied to a physical address due to payment and tax reasons. If multiple locations choose to install the app, then each location will be charged for the app.

When a merchant installs an Clover android app, it is installed across all their devices.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

Thanks Mike! I just tested this scenario on our two Sandbox Clover units and you are right. I had thought that it would charge for each install, but as I installed our app on the first unit it automatically installed on the second unit without any subscription notice. This is perfect. I understand that if a customer has multiple Merchant accounts, they will be charged per account, this does make sense.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community