question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Carl commented

Token issues with sandbox.dev.clover.com?

We use a URL to validate connections between the Merchant's Clover device and our Web Server, it looks like this:

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/mer...

Our App passes the Merchant ID and the Clover Access Token that it gets from the Clover API calls within our Android App running on a Clover Device.

Normally it passes through and our App knows it's running on a valid Merchant Device (our own test unit). Today we have been getting a "401 Unauthorized" error, which prevents out App from running.

I tried validating our test Merchant ID on the sandbox website manually using the Merchant Support page, but the response states that the Merchant can't be found. I even compared the Merchant ID I have to the Merchant ID on the Merchant Setup page within the sandbox website, and they do match.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered Carl commented

Just to make sure you are looking at the right Clover Merchant Id: the id will also be in the url when you are logged in and looking at the test merchant's dashboard home page.

You can check whether the token is active by sending a GET request to /v3/access_tokens/{token} if the token is active, this endpoint will return an object with the token and a list of the active permissions.

Once you have confirmed the Clover merchant id:

If:

• The token exists and has basic permissions, but isn't working

Or

• The token doesn't exist, but your Android app continues to return it

Then, please send the Clover merchant Id, the token, and your app id (from the dashboard app list) to dev@clover.com along with a brief description of the problem.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

I managed to fix the issue. Another post explained that the App must be installed in the App Store on the Sandbox Clover device before debugging the App.

It didn't used to be this way, we could compile and run our App directly onto the Sandbox Clover device without ever actually uploading it into the App Store. Anyways, it is working now thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community