question

Kavin Kannan avatar image
Kavin Kannan asked Kavin Kannan commented

ACTION_SECURE_PAY

I was testing the PayWithSecurePaymentExamplejust the way it is on Clover Mini . ( Repo Link: https://github.com/clover/android- examples/tree/master/paywithsecurepaymentexample/PayWithSecurePaymentExample ), and as I try to process a payment, I get the following error message,

"Transaction Declined: Charge Declined Over Limit/ Insufficient Funds."

Also, Clicking on 'Done', takes me to the Secure Payment Screen, instead of the Main Screen.

1. What would you recommend me to do, in order to test a successful transaction, instead of a declined reason?
  2. Shouldn't clicking back 'Done' take me to the Main Screen's Activity, instead of the Secure Payment Screen ?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Kavin Kannan commented

I assume you are testing on devkit device purchased from Clover? If so did you use the test card that shipped with the device?

After a card is declined or there is some other kind of error such as bad swipe or chip card read error we return to secure pay start screen to give the customer a chance to try again or use a different card immediately without having to wait for the merchant to initiate the payment again.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kavin Kannan avatar image Kavin Kannan commented ·

@jacobabrams : Thanks for your reply, I was not using the credit card that came with the device, I was using something else. Once I used the given credit card, it worked like a charm. You may mark this question as resolved, thank you once again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Although now I am able to process the credit card, once I click 'Verify' after the signature screen, the ACTIONSECUREPAY activity ends in resultCode 1 instead of 0, and the app crashes. As mentioned above, I'm using the PayWithSecurePaymentExample as it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks I have filed a ticket for engineers to investigate and fix the issue, maybe for now you can try going to Setup app and changing the payment settings so it doesn't ask for signature. Turn off tips and set "Don't require signature for payments under $1000".

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks again Jacob! Yup, once I changed the Payment setting, the app does not crash, and I was able to retrieve a successful payment response. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community