question

osmandius avatar image
osmandius asked Loyal Loops commented

How are multiple locations represented using the APIs

I cannot find a representation for getting an organizations hierarchy using the APIs - have I missed it?

For example: An operator that owns multiple locations

Tony's Restaurant Company (organization level) - Tony's burger restaurant (location level) - Tony's wing and beer restaurant (location level)

I would like to be able to GetAllLocations for an organization for example. Does that exist?

It seems that there is nothing above the Merchant level for an organization. Is this true?

Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered Loyal Loops commented

In Clover's ecosystem, each merchant is a specific location, as it is directly related to their payment gateway's registered address. Using the access token for 1 merchant will not work in accessing data from another merchant. An operator should be able to access all their merchant locations via the Dashboard, however, that is not exposed to developers via API.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Loyal Loops avatar image Loyal Loops commented ·

Any chance of having that information exposed via the API eventually? Any plans for this, or to support different kinds of billing for an app installed by the same "top-level merchant" in multiple different locations (so, using different clover merchant IDs)?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community