question

kcinfuse avatar image
kcinfuse asked kcinfuse commented

Using Closeout App on Sandbox

Hello, I'm trying to test closing out all my pending CC transactions on sandbox. However, it seems like the "Close Out All Devices" button is always disabled. Is there a way to enable this button on sandbox?

I'm not able to fully test my flow if I'm not able to simulate the actual flow that a user would go through.

The reason I need to test this flow: I noticed that when making an order while offline, then trying to refund the payment for that order, we are given an option to void the payment. I'm trying to pinpoint a reliable way to distinguish this scenario via the payment data. Currently, I noticed that the payment's offline attribute will be true and the payment's card transaction will be in a "closed" state. However, I'm hesitant to rely on just checking the offline attribute and "closed" state to determine whether to void a payment in my app. I worry that if a user closes out transactions for the day, the payment will also be in a "closed" state and the offline attribute will be true. Being able to close out transactions on my sandbox devkit could confirm/deny my suspicions and help with my testing. If I'm not able to test this on sandbox, I may rely on some other attribute, like the absence of the payment.cardTransaction.extras.card attribute, to determine whether the payment should be voided.
Sandbox
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

What API are you using to void a payment?

0 Likes 0 ·
kcinfuse avatar image kcinfuse Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman I am using the payment connector in the clover-android-connector-sdk

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community