question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked

How to account for tax when adding a payment to an order?

I'm using the PUT /order/{orderId}/payment api to close out an order with my tender remotely.

I was simply posting the ` tender.id`, `amount` and ` employee.id` and it managed to fully close out the order correctly. I can also see that the receipt is created sucessfully e.g.

As you can see the Tax is correctly calculated on the items and in the payment. However, if you look at the report online, the tax is not added to the end of day tax nor to the Report printout from the machine.

I have experimented a little and it is possible to add the `taxAmount` as another parameter to the tender, however I'm skeptical of doing this as it gets very complicated when looking at multipl items, multiple tax rates and dealing with it in different regions i.e. inclusive Europe and exclusive USA.

Is this inconsistency between the item level tax and the tax reports a bug? Or should I be manually calculating the tax and adding it to the payment myself?

Thanks!
Taxes
receipt.png (19.9 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community