question

zelin avatar image
zelin asked Lee Tickett answered

Fetch details of inventory in android app

I am making a customise android/ioS application in which I want to fetch the inventory available for a particular merchant.

The app is for END users and so we wont have clover accounts added to their androids. Is there any way Clover provides us where we can fetch specific details or even make orders directly using customized apps as END users.

I would like to know if android sdk provides such facility, If not, can it be done via server? e.g the android app can call an API to our server and server can do authentication with clover and fetch those details?
Clover Android SDKInventoryAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
You have 2 avenues I can think of- both will require you to have a published app in the market. One thing is certain, it will be easier with a web app than a "clover java app / apk".
1) Have the app launched once from the clover dashboard which will go through the oauth flow. Then store the api token. Then have a way in your android app to "login" which will then use the stored api token for API calls to clover.
2) Follow the oauth flow in your android app directly so merchants can login with their clover credentials. Then use the returned api token for API calls to clover.
Hope that helps!
L
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community