question

jayant avatar image
jayant asked Lauren Worthington commented

Is it possible set Tax rate to line item via REST API

I have tried whole lot of json formats to set tax rate to custom line-item. but it is not working in any case. Do anyone know any format to update. I am trying to assign tax using item API and tax_rate_item API but nothing works. I want to know which API should use to update Tax rate
and any one please tell me in which format i have to send data for now i am trying this way

{"taxRates":[{"id":"NJ9DW6QZB30DM","name":"6pk deposit","rate":0,"isDefault":false,"items":[{"id":"GE7NMR5A81Z7J"}]}]}

REST APITaxes
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Lauren Worthington avatar image
Lauren Worthington answered Lauren Worthington commented
Hello @jayant,
As it currently stands, you are not able to set a tax rate to a line item via the REST api. The Clover team is aware of this and are looking into it.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jayant avatar image jayant commented ·

I have tried to update tax via REST API and some how i am successful to do the same but it changes tax for those products which doesn't contain default tax. If i remove default tax and set the custom tax to any line item on clover website and then i update that using API it works perfectly fine. But if there is default tax to any line item it does nothing and tax remain the same. I have found one thing in all these process is, if i delete default tax, from an item, in clover website it automatically assigned that tax to line item which i have set using API.

0 Likes 0 ·
jayant avatar image jayant commented ·

I want to know one thing can we delete default tax from inventory item via REST API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lauren Worthington avatar image Lauren Worthington ♦ jayant commented ·

Hi @jayant,

You are able to remove default tax from an inventory item via the rest api by using this endpoint: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/reference#updateitem-1. You will want to update the `defaultTaxRates` field to be false to remove the default tax.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community