question

csiworks avatar image
csiworks asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Working with Camera on Station 2018

We are having a hard time working with camera on Clover Station 2018.
We have an app called cloud crm or customer plus plus. It has an ability to add customer picture like an avatar. It works on all devices (we think) except for clover station 2018 (although I never tested it on new mini either). For sure it does not work on new station.
Here is what happens when we try: https://youtu.be/d8NqFq3lxW8
Here is how it works on older station device: https://youtu.be/TcJSMIP3LCc
Clover Station 2018
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
I was able to reproduce your issue, and will file a bug report for it. Currently there is no workaround available unfortunately.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

csiworks avatar image csiworks commented ·
@Raymond Lee We figured it out. I think we ended up using our own camera software. Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee csiworks commented ·

Got it, thanks for the follow up!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

The issue is that there's no way to call out the "facing" of the camera with that intent. Station 2018 only has a front facing camera, and (incorrectly) we left the default as back. If you use a camera API from the Android SDK where you can pass in the facing parameter it will work. Yes that's work work than the intent.

Anyway, I fixed the issue with the intent. We do OS releases on a longer schedule though so it'll be some time before you can get the fix.

1 Like 1 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered
Based on the video,

I strongly suggest obtaining a Dev Kit for the newer models of Clover Devices, there are several issues and right now, this will be a guessing game or implement a crash report utility & paste the results here.

Hope you can resolve it soon, I like the UI, simple, clean, great work.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community