question

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

How do I grant permission to create a custom tender on the emulator?

I'm trying to run the CreateCustomTenderTestActivity on a clover mini gen 2 emulator. When the app opens I am prompted to select a merchant profile but then the app crashes displaying "Access denied to package <my app's package name>".

My manifest reads like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"package="foo">    

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />    
	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS" />    
	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />    
	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> 

<applicationandroid:allowBackup="true"android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"android:label="@string/app_name"android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round"android:supportsRtl="true"android:theme="@style/AppTheme">        
		<activity android:name="foo.BarcodeScannerTestActivity">            
			<intent-filter>                
				<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
				<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />            
			</intent-filter>        
		</activity>        
		<activity android:name="foo.CreateCustomTenderTestActivity">        
		</activity>    
	</application>
</manifest>
I have also granted all 12 permissions in the app settings in the sandbox and released a new version of the apk in an attempt to get the custom tender registration working.

What permissions are required to register a custom tender? Is this possible on an emulator?

update: I seem to have been able to install v2 of my app with all 12 permissions. Now I get the message "Custom Tender: <serial>, Clover Example Tender, <package name>, true, false" on the emulator and the test device. Progress!

What are the specific permissions needed to make a custom tender?
Custom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
Implementing a custom tender is possible on an emulator. The minimum permissions required for a custom tender are merchant read/write permissions. Make sure to uninstall and reinstall your app on your Test Merchant when permissions have been changed.

Permissions:
Merchant Read: for fetching Custom Tender if already created
Merchant Write: for creating a Custom Tender if not already created
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community