question

msargent avatar image
msargent asked msargent commented

Webhooks Cash Payments

I'm looking for a way to simulate cash payments so I can work with how webhooks will transmit data payloads during a cash payment. Is there a way to do this from the dashboard in the sandbox account without a Clover Station or similar device?

If not, won't I need a Clover Station or similar device connected to my Sandbox account to simulate cash payments?

If so, how do I go about getting a device authorized for my sandbox account?
PaymentsSandboxClover StationWebhooks
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

msargent avatar image msargent commented ·

I have a partial answer to my questions: Clover devkits can be purchased from cloverdevkit.com. However, I'm till wondering if I can simulate closing out an open order with a cash payment with no physical device just using the Clover sandbox. Is that possible?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered msargent commented
If you're only trying to simulate cash payments from the merchant's perspective only, then an emulator would fit your needs.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

msargent avatar image msargent commented ·

Hi Chanel, I noticed that the emulator is under the Build with Android section. I do not have an Android app, instead I have a web app that utilizes the REST API. Will an emulator be compatible in my situation?

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel msargent commented ·

You would use the emulator as if you were a merchant. Since you only want to simulate cash orders, the emulator is perfect for your needs.

0 Likes 0 ·
msargent avatar image msargent chanel commented ·

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure so I already ordered a dev kit yesterday! But it won't go to waste. I may need to redevelop our app as an android app anyway to access some android-only features such as a sound notification when an order comes in and auto print of orders. It'll be nice to have a physical machine to test those features.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community