question

mogruagain avatar image
mogruagain asked Jacob Abrams edited

Using NFC for non payment actions

Is there an chance Clover would release code to use the NFC reader for non Payment activities, Such as Key fob employee logo or NFC enabled cards for loyalty.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

miah avatar image miah commented ·

I would love to see this as we have 24,000+ RFID cards in production

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jacob Abrams edited
As of 2018 it is now possible to use Android NFC for non-payment related functionality. Please read: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/building-with-android-nfc
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

You should be able to use USB devices connected to Clover Station but you will need send the vendor id and product id of such devices to dev@clover.com for approval.

1 Like 1 ·
chris-mick avatar image chris-mick commented ·

Jacob,

I'm a prospective customer/developer. (Note that I'm referring to the Clover Station specifically) I haven't actually dug into the Clover environment yet and begun any development, so forgive me if my questions are naive. Can a developer utilize a USB port with an Android compatible NFC reader and directly access the NFC data without ever going through the Clover software at all? ... or are all USB device enumerations passed through Clover in some way? Thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
miah avatar image
miah answered
Is this still the case? I have 30K RFID member cards that I need to read from my POS systems and it would be great to not need an additional RFID reader and just clover USB
10 |2000

ketpat avatar image
ketpat answered
@Miah we support ISO/IEC 14443 Type A NDEF formatted NFC tags on Mini/mobile
10 |2000

miah avatar image
miah answered
Can anyone point me at a code example of reading a 14443 CSN with the clover connector?
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community