question

ajay32 avatar image
ajay32 Suspended asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Can we configure SMTP in clover device to send email to client?

We are developing an application in which we have to send an email to client with pdf file attached.We are willing to know if we could use any SMTP service like (SENDGRID , SENDINBLUE etc ). If yes then Is there any email client in clover through which we could do this or is there any work around for this?
Thanks.
Clover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
Yes, you can use SMTP in your app. We do not provide an SMTP service. No, we do not provide an SMTP client SDK. You can use something like Javamail or Apache SMTP client.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitesh avatar image jitesh commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman When I am using JavaMail to send email from my clover station sandbox device, the email is not being sent. It is through exception as TLSv1 does not support. While I am sending it from other android tablet device of same configuration it is successfully sent. Can u suggest what needs to be done?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ jitesh commented ·

That's correct for security reasons we do not support TLSv1 on any of our devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
jitesh avatar image jitesh Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman So how to send the email using Java mail or other SMTP on android. I have my tls1.2 enabled but still the exception is same can u suggest what is missing or what needs to be done

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community