question

tim avatar image
tim asked tim commented

Why is the 'total' on the Order Object wrong

Recently we've started seeing changes in the data we're receiving from the Clover API. Up to recently the 'total' field on the order always added up to the value of the order. Recently I'm seeing checks where the 'total' field on the check is less than the total of the items on the check.

Has there been some change which means that this has started happening? If I view the check receipt on the web - the receipt looks correct, but the data retrieved from the API has this discrepancy.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered tim commented

I have seen similar things before - I'd take a look at any Modifiers added to the order. Otherwise try expanding the payments and discounts fields - there may be a discount applied to the whole order or to an item.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tim avatar image tim commented ·

Payments looks correct and matches what appears on the receipt if I view it on the web. No discounts applied to the order. Nothing apparent on the check which explains why the total field < payments (in this particular case by $0.76).

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community