question

tg avatar image
tg asked tg commented

how to use customer_tender intent?

Attempting to launch the customer facing payment screen from an app using

clover.intent.action.CUSTOMER_TENDER

but keep getting

No Activity found to handle Intent { act=clover.intent.action.CUSTOMER_TENDER (has extras) }

any suggestions on how to handle this?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered tg commented

That's not what the intent does. It is the analog to ACTION_MERCHANT_TENDER, but for tenders that are available on customer-facing screens. For stock Clover apps, this includes the Secure Payments app and the Pay Display customer facing screen. In other words, this allows a customer choose to pay with a given tender.

You can see an example in Github here, https://github.com/clover/android-exa...

Can you elaborate on what screen you are trying to start?

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tg avatar image tg commented ·

My apologies for the misunderstanding. Is there another intent to launch the customer-facing payment screen?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I don't know what screen you are referring to. There's really no single customer facing payment screen. There's the customer order view, secure payments in customer-facing mode, and the line item pole display in pay display. If you don't know what specific screen you need, maybe you could describe the functionality you are looking for?

0 Likes 0 ·
tg avatar image tg commented ·

I guess it would be secure payments in the customer facing mode -- where the customer sees their total and chooses their payment method

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Please refer to the documentation for ACTION_SECURE_PAY in the Intents class in the Clover Android SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community