question

markorocko avatar image
markorocko asked markorocko commented

Newbie question - How to connect a Device to the sandbox instance? SOS!!!!

I just need to add a device to my sandbox. However when I watched the video (Clover Development Setup) to add an account to a device it always assumes connecting to clover prod url and not sandbox url. How can I install Clover and create an account that points to sandbox?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered markorocko commented

Login to sandbox.dev.clover.com. Go to the "Dev Kit" tab. Go to "Manage My Devices", and associate your device.

To find the device's target (Clover Station),

$ adb shell cat rom/cloud_target

For Clover Mobile,

$ adb shell mmc_access r_yj2_target

For Clover Mini,

$ adb shell mmc_access r_yj3_target
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Sandox devices connect to sandbox.dev.clover.com. Prod devices do not. They are not interchangeable. I'm guessing you don't have a sandbox device. If you need one, you can request one from that same page.

1 Like 1 ·
markorocko avatar image markorocko commented ·

I get. Not Found No device provision info found. Any ideas? This is the same serial number that connects fine with a prod account. Also, is there a way to remove a device? The only option I see is to factory reset.

0 Likes 0 ·
markorocko avatar image markorocko commented ·

Thanks Jeff! I have a bunch of devices floating around here. Some are called "demo" machines, while on another I can charge my credit card. Is there anyway to tell by looking at them whether I'm dealing with a prod device or a sandbox?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

See update answer. No, there's no way to visually distinguish them, unless you buy a label maker :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community