question

elizabethj avatar image
elizabethj asked chanel Deactivated answered

API issue with Avero integration

I am writing on behalf of Dos Hermanos Bakery which is experiencing issues with inventory reporting to Avero, a third-party reporting service. In short Clover and Avero report does not match. Avero support pinpointed the issue to Clover's API. From Avero: "The Issue with category sales seems to be stemming from unknown items which the Clover API is not returning to us. The API call is below, for a complete list of missing items, On 7/12/18, the list of unknown items is:

PULLMAN WS
HOT DOG - LOYAL WS
DEMI - BAGUETTE WS
BAGUETTE - MINETTE WS
BUN - BRIOCHE WS
MICHE WS
COOKIES WS
BOLILLOS WS
BUN - SESAME WS
CIABATTA WS

The API call which fails to pull back data for these items is:

curl -k --header "Authorization:Bearer <api_token>" --header "Application/json" "https://www.clover.com/v3/merchants/ZNE083YAA7ESC/categories?limit=1000&return_null_fields=true&expand=items"

This can only be fixed by Clover. I advise you reach out to them to fix their API and once you do it will start pulling the items into the appropriate category. I can then rerun the data for the day and resolve it."

Are you able to investigate? Please let me know if this is enough information.
API Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
Hi @ElizabethJ

This is not an issue with our API; rather it's by design. Breaking down the call you've provided:

{ {url}}/v3/merchants/{ {merchant_id}}/categories?limit=1000&return_null_fields=true&expand=items

This call returns a maximum of 1000 categories that a merchant has. Each category will include null fields and up to 100 items within that category. There is no way to change the limit of the number of items returned in this call.

To get a full list of items in a category, you'll need use the following call:

{ {url}}/v3/merchants/{ {merchant_id}}/categories/{ {category_id}}/items?limit=1000

This call returns a maximum of 1000 items under the specified category.

Hope this helps!
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community