question

Abuzer Tahir avatar image
Abuzer Tahir asked Abuzer Tahir commented

Payments multiplied by 100

Hi

When we send an amount in payment request to the clover device, the device itself shows the amount divided by 100. So for example If I have sent an amount of £ 50 from my app, then on clover it will show £0.5.

Can you confirm if whenever we send an amount from out application it needs to be multiplied by 100 by default?

Thank you
semi-integrations
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

c716524 avatar image c716524 commented ·

I think somewhere in the documentation you can find the information that Clover internally only works with integer numbers, i.e. no decimal values. Therefore everything multiplied by 100.

1 Like 1 ·
Abuzer Tahir avatar image Abuzer Tahir c716524 commented ·

Thank you, thats great

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Greg avatar image
Greg answered Abuzer Tahir commented
Hi @abuzertahir,
Yes, the payment objects use integer values for the amount, so in order to account for fractional denominations for currencies (i.e. cents on the dollar) the integer value corresponds to that smallest denomination. So if you want a transaction for $5 you would put in 500 for the amount, representing 500 cents (or 500 of whatever currency divided by 100).
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Abuzer Tahir avatar image Abuzer Tahir commented ·

Thanks Greg!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community