question

zedwick avatar image
zedwick asked Miguel Deactivated answered

Manual Transactions and Tax Rates

I am trying to build some manual transactions using developer pay. The payment seems to be working fine, but the tax rates are not. My model is a manual transaction, but I can't get the tax rates to "stick". The tax amount works fine.

If have tried the following.

1. Add the following to the payment request, both with and without the "elements" layer:

{ "taxRates":{ "elements":[ { "taxableAmount":234, "isDefault":true, "rate":825000, "name":"Denton County", "id":"FZ5MA17KDFCQC" } ] }

1. Add that same entry to the order itself, using the v3 api.

2. Add this entry to the payment AFTER I get "SUCCESS" back to the v3 api. { "taxRates":{ "elements":[ { "taxableAmount":234, "isDefault":true, "rate":825000, "name":"Denton County", "id":"FZ5MA17KDFCQC", "paymentRef":{ "id":"845G9BCZD7YDC" } } ] } }

Why won't the tax rates show on this manual transaction?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered

Hi Zedwick,

Unfortunately, you are not able to apply a tax rate to a manual transaction. Tax rates are associated with line items on your order pulled from your inventory and associated tax rates. Even for non-manual transactions, you cannot change the tax rates using the REST API.

However, you can set "taxAmount" as part of the Developer Pay payment.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community