question

ryanm avatar image
ryanm asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

How do I show tip and custom rewards in receipt on custom tender?

I have a custom tender where the customer added things like the tip and rewards currency on their own mobile device. Is it possible to get the clover device to add this information to the receipt when my custom tender receives it in payment confirmation? I have tried adding the tip to the amount sent back and sending back the tip under Intents.EXTRA_TIP_AMOUNT and nothing shows in the receipt. I'm also not sure where I would put the rewards spent and/or earned line item. There doesn't seem to be an extra in intents for it.
Custom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
Custom tenders do not support tips. At least our API for calling out to and receiving a response from custom tenders does not support tips. You can see the list of supported extras in the Intents.ACTION_MERCHANT_TENDER docs in the SDK.

I do not know what is "rewards currency" so I can't comment on that.

What you can add to the receipt is limited to what is described in the Smart Receipts feature,
https://docs.clover.com/build/smart-receipts/

Basically, a URL and a barcode. The idea is that the merchant can scan / type your custom URL where you can present whatever receipt meta data you want.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community