question

woolton-dev avatar image
woolton-dev asked woolton-dev commented

What is the procedure for adding a subscription to an app?

We are testing on our sandbox account with our dev device and we got this strange error when publishing another test app:

" Your merchant is in US, but your app does not have an enabled subscription for that country. Add a subscription for your merchant's country to enable App Market preview"

The previous apps didn't give us this strange message. We were checking our gradle file, but we can't find any configuration setting that is different. What could we be doing wrong?

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered woolton-dev commented

In order for your test merchant account(s) to view and install your own apps via the appmarket, the app must have at least one subscription level in the merchant's Country.

This can be set by doing the following:

1. Navigate to your Developer Dashboard home page (the Your Apps) tab.
  2. Scroll to the listing for the app in question and select the Edit Pricing button.
  3. On the pricing page by default there will be one 'Free' subscription tier, with no Country set, either modify this tier, or create a new one with Add Subscription Level
  4. For your selected subscription tier, select Add Country, and set the Country dropdown to your merchant's Country

It is possible that your earlier apps were initially created with the Quick Android App option - which will automatically create a free tier in your default Country

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

woolton-dev avatar image woolton-dev commented ·

Thanks. Late acceptance. I think we deleted it and created a new one and I would guess the last time we didn't use the "Quick Android App" option like you said. I just checked out the steps and it makes sense. So now at least we know if this happens again. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community