question

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image
Rohit Bhardwaj asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

App doesn't have required permission

Hi,
I was trying to get the details of the merchant using the MerchantConnector.getMerchant(), I was able to create an account chooser and selected a merchant. On selecting a merchant I got an error message saying, "App doesn't have required permission: package com.apprication.yumvee does not have permission MERCHANT_R" .

I tried the tickets which were answered. I had given the necessary permission to the app on the app market.I uploaded the app on the market and gave all the premission, but it didn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed the app but nothing worked for me.

Please advice.
Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Conrad McLean avatar image
Conrad McLean answered Rohit Bhardwaj commented
Are you using Android studio and Gradle? Make are you add the permission there and sync gradle files. Also required permission have to be specified when the app is defined. Finally, the initial app install has to be done from the app market. After that you can side load.

I had the same challenges when I first started to play with Clover development.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

Hi @Conrad McLean, thank you for your response. I'm using Android studio and Gradle as well, but which permission are you talking about ? I had initially added permissions on the web dashboard while creating the application.

I don't see my app listed on the app market. Do I need to submit it or it will automatically get listed ?
Please advice.

0 Likes 0 ·
Conrad McLean avatar image Conrad McLean Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

My bad... AndroidManifest.xml...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"package="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx">
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />

Regarding installing from the app market, once you have build a signed APK and uploaded to the AppMarket, log into your developer account from a browser in the emulator, do to the app definition and find the link that says Preview In App Market. Are are then able to download and install the app.

1 Like 1 ·
Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj Conrad McLean commented ·

I have added the GET_ACCOUNTS permission in the manifest. Hence I was able to select a merchant from the Account Chooser.

I will definitely try this method from the emulator and will notify you once done.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image
Rohit Bhardwaj answered
I don't know how, but I was able to see the permissions listed in the app details page. So, when I Installed my app from the app market it was running without any errors.
Thanks @Conrad McLean for the help.
10 |2000

s1mar avatar image
s1mar answered
I've done all this, yet it doesnt work for me. One day it works and then after a few resets and still back to the same problem, does it take time for them to propogate the setttings ??
10 |2000

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
Make sure when you update your permissions you also reinstall the application.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community