question

fleshbits avatar image
fleshbits asked fleshbits commented

Authentication for Windows Service using REST

All of the documentation I am seeing is describing the creation of a web app and distribution of it from the clover app market.

My customers want me to be able to retrieve their data using our existing service.

I am trying to figure out how I go about getting any credentials or authentication information I would need to be able to get a merchant's data (with their permission) via REST in a native C++ Windows Service that we would be responsible for deploying on a customer's machine. Can someone describe this to me or let me know if it isn't possible?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered fleshbits commented

Have you've tried taking a look at the documentation and Dev API available on Clover.com?

Clover OAUTH 2.0

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fleshbits avatar image fleshbits commented ·

That is the documentation I am referring to, yes.

"Step 1: Set up your site URL" There will be no site URL.

"For web-based applications Clover supports OAuth 2.0" I am writing a Windows Service, not a web app.

0 Likes 0 ·
tursus-software avatar image tursus-software commented ·

That URL isn't a website that's customer facing. This is the call back for OAuth so you can store the tokens in your system.

Then you can call the Clover API from your existing service using those tokens.

(So you need a webpage regardless if everything is done via a service)

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community