question

dave avatar image
dave asked dave commented

Activation of a sandboxed unit

I have two Clover units, a Mini and a Mobile. Both are supposedly sandboxed but when they come up to the Activation screen I get the message "Error retrieving merchant information" and to contact customer support. The network connection is established, all the updates have been installed and I've done a Factory Reset more than once, yet I keep coming to this screen. As I understand it I should be getting prompted for an activation code. I called customer support and the only thing they could tell me is that there is no Merchant Number assigned to the device.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered dave commented

Did you follow all the steps on https://docs.clover.com/build/android... ? Particularly you need to pay attention to the Associate your device section. Phone tech support isn't familiar with helping developers so this is the place to ask.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dave avatar image dave commented ·

Thank you Jacob, that did the trick. Clearly it was my fault that I missed those instructions but it would be helpful if the customer phone support people knew to direct developers here. I spent about 30 minutes with them before they gave up, and I was very clear from the start that I was working with the dev kit.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community