question

devendra avatar image
devendra asked Greg answered

Clover mini Timeout configuration if no response received from bank in time

Hi,
Is there any configuration present in Clover mini Or in saleRequest for timeout if not getting any response from bank in 2 minutes of time.
Our requirement in POS is to wait for Clover sale response for 2 minutes (approved or failed) only and then show error message. If bank is sending response to clover in more than 2 minutes then how can we handle the same.
Please let me know if any other details are required.
Thanks,
Devendra
Sale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg avatar image
Greg answered
Hi @Devendra,
You cannot control the time out period as it is built into the system (1 minute). It seems like you want to make sure the POS receives something for transactions that time out. The post I linked previously shows you to use the deviceStatus listeners to handle TIMEOUT events.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg avatar image
Greg answered
Hi @Devendra
Is there a reason why you want to wait for the response from the bank for 2 minutes, instead of going back and restarting the transaction? I would imagine for a transaction it should not take that much time, for security and customer experience purposes. If you need additional handling on timeout please check out this post.

Greg
10 |2000

devendra avatar image
devendra answered devendra edited
Hey Greg,
As per our client requirement they want to wait only for 2 minutes from POS side and after that want to show Timeout or any other error message. If for any worst case, bank is sending approved or failed response in 5-10 minutes (i know that should not happen and its very rare), then we dont want to wait for that much time in POS side. Because of this we want to configure Clover mini so that it can send response back to POS in configured time, even if it did not get anything back from bank.
I hope you are able to understand our requirement here.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community