question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked Jacob Abrams commented

How can I install my apps to a Mobile device?

I have a production Clover Mobile device linked to our merchant account, in the exact same way as our production Clover Station.

Whenever we publish a new version of our app (even if fully approved and published) I cannot install it onto the Mobile device.

I have tried installing from the web app store and from the device app store - it downloads fully but then says "Failed to install app".

Any ideas why I can't install?

Clover Mobile
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

What is your production merchant id that the Clover Mobile device is associated with? I might be able to figure it out by looking at support logs.

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Hi Jacob - our merchant id is J8JDZXY3XXAS4

0 Likes 0 ·

I can't find a merchant with that id, are you sure that is correct?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, definitely - we're in the EU, perhaps you're only seeing US? Dev ID is AWK0VD04CJXDJ if that helps

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, yes I wasn't expecting an EU merchant. I found your account but your device is currently offline, I will check back later when your device is online and attempt to gather logs, if you could try the installation again after turning it on that would help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jacob Abrams commented

Based on the logs and the state of your apps on our server it looks like you shouldn't be able to attempt installation on a production Clover device. It may be a bug in our application development process that is allowing to attempt this. APKs must be submitted and code-signed by Clover before it is possible to install them on a production device. You should be using a devkit device http://cloverdevkit.com/ running on our sandbox server if you want to test applications that have not been fully submitted and approved. You may test fully submitted and approved apps in production before releasing them to all merchants. Getting a devkit device in the EU is a bit more work since it involves a third party re-shipper but it should be possible.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Jacob - it would be a useful feature for developers to install apps regardless of state to their own merchant accounts. It helps not only us but also the different sales teams in the EU who can't give demos on their mobile/ mini devices at the moment. I'll take a look into getting another device sent over in the meantime

0 Likes 0 ·

PCI POI DTR B17 Application Separation requires us to ensure that only code signed applications run on production devices. This is why we created sandbox devices which are non-production and may run unsigned application code.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community