question

niranjan avatar image
niranjan asked niranjan commented

Running a background service in a Clover android app.

I am working on a Clover app which requires a background service for fetching data from the server at regular intervals. When I upload the apk containing this feature and try to install it to the Test merchant account; the Clover app updater downloads the application and the verification fails hence the installation fails.

However if I remove the service initialization from the android manifest and then file gets downloaded and the verification is successful.

However it is required that we have the service, is there a solution to have the service running ?

The application is designed for Clover mini and Clover station.

Thank you in advance.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered niranjan commented

I have multiple apps running a background Service, and they install correctly via the App Market. Also, verification process does not examine any of the java classes within the app. Is there anything in the adb logcat regarding the "Verify Failed" message?

Can you please verify that you are targeting the correct Android SDK, 4.2.2?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

niranjan avatar image niranjan commented ·

Thank you mike. I am seeing nothing in the adb log cat. I have set minimumSdkVersion 4.2.2 and targetSdkVersion 6.0. Is the "Verify Failed" message occurred because of minimum and targettingSdkVersion that i have set? Can you please clarify?.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Try searching the Logcat for TAG: "AppUpdater" with debug level set to "info".

It's possible that either the download was incomplete or hash verification failed. If possible, can you try to generate a new apk build and reupload it? It could also be possible that the apk had an issue on upload.

0 Likes 0 ·
niranjan avatar image niranjan commented ·

Thank you very much mike. I uploaded the apk again and its working fine now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community