question

vishal avatar image
vishal asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Can we create a order and process a payment without an inventory

Hi,

I am new to clover and I am currently doing a level of effort estimate.

Please advice if I can create a simple web form and using the api create and order and process the payment. I don't need inventory or any additional use cases.

Thank you, Vishal

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

What sort of payment? Credit card?

0 Likes 0 ·
vishal avatar image vishal commented ·

web based payment . visa , master and american express

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

Hi Vishal, How would you be obtaining the payment (credit card) details? Do you plan to use the Clover Mini/Mobile/Station to read the card details?

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image
hammer answered

Hi Vishal, How would you be obtaining the payment (credit card) details? Do you plan to use the Clover Mini/Mobile/Station to read the card details?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hammer avatar image
hammer answered

OBE - closing dead thread.

10 |2000

rthor avatar image
rthor answered
is there any solution to this? It's possible to use Secure Pay to make payments without an order or inventory. However, it does not offer functionality for split payments or non credit card payment options. Is there a way to do this, but also have the extra payment options and split payment functionality?
10 |2000

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
Clover has the concept of custom line items that are not backed by an inventory item. So yes, you can create an order, add a custom line item, and process the payment for that order. You do need to create an Order with a line item however. You cannot process a payment without an order and line item.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community