question

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated asked sam Deactivated answered

My Devkit device is stuck at the activation step, it says "Error retrieving merchant information", why is this happening?

We are aware of the issue and are currently addressing it. We will will have a solution for you soon. Please keep an eye on this question. We will be providing the solution at this location.

DevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ivalu8 avatar image ivalu8 commented ·

Any update on this issue? I'm still getting the same SSL error and can't use the Mini

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated answered Saeed commented

If you are seeing the issue listed then please follow these steps to address your issue:

Download the corresponding apk for your device.
Mini: Mini APK
Mobile: Mobile APK

You will need to have adb installed and added to your path:
ADB: https://developer.android.com/studio/...

Sideload the corresponding APK

adb install CloverUpdateCert_Mini.apk

OR

adb install CloverUpdateCert_Mobile.apk

Then start the service

adb shell am startservice -n com.clover.android.updatecert/.CertUpdateService

It will do a factory rest at this time. Once done the issue should be addressed.
You will have to reactivate your device.
You will have to disassociate and reassociate your device to your merchant in your sandbox account.
Setup Directions: https://docs.clover.com/build/setup-d...

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes commented ·

Hi James. I'm also receiving this error and I followed these steps. I installed the apk then ran "adb shell am startservice -n com.clover.android.updatecert/.CertUpdateService" and received this message in the terminal "Starting service: Intent { cmp=com.clover.android.updatecert/.CertUpdateService }" but nothing happened in my Clover Mini. Why is this?

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Hey Omar,

After you do that. The mini should reboot and do a factory reset.

Did that happen for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes commented ·

My mistake the error I was receiving was unrelated to this thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
Saeed avatar image Saeed commented ·

hi @James Cha
i did these steps, it says starting service...

but my clover mini does not reboot
why this occurs?

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered

If you're having issue with your device disconnecting with network while updating, this cert update could also resolve this issue.

image-copy-2.jpg (37.9 KiB)
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community