question

rajesh avatar image
rajesh asked Sean commented

How to generate a code for client ID in clover rest API

generate a code using client ID in clover rest API

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Loyal Loops avatar image Loyal Loops commented ·

Which endpoint are you trying to use? The ID required may be the Merchant ID or App ID, depending

0 Likes 0 ·
rajesh avatar image rajesh commented ·

Using App ID

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered Sean commented

Hi @rajesh,

The client ID used in the OAuth flow is the same as the App ID found on your app's settings page in the Developer Dashboard. It and the code parameter are part of the URL when the web app is launched by the merchant from their Clover Home page.

When the merchant launches an app, they are directed to (for example) mycloverwebapp.com/?merchantid=AAAAAAAAAAAAA&employeeid=BBBBBBBBBBBBB&client_id=CCCCCCCCCCCCC&code=11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555555

To receive an authentication token for the API, you send the client id, code, and client secret to the /oauth/token endpoint. The client secret is the App Secret found on your app's settings page.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rajesh avatar image rajesh commented ·

once authentication token is generated what is expire time and can I use previous code to the regenerte new authentication token

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image Sean rajesh commented ·

I'd really like to know too about this. Any response from the Clover team?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image Sean commented ·

Should we use the auth code from when clover redirect to web app more than once? Is it possible to do so? I've read and tested the oauth flow from clover docs, but I've no idea how often we should do that flow.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community