question

Duane Craw avatar image
Duane Craw asked wuser08 published

Clover Browser on DevKit

I am trying to load the Clover Browser app on a DevKit Clover Station. The app doesn't seem to show up in the App Market. Are there restrictions to what apps can be loaded on the DevKit station?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered

Due to security reasons, the browser has been deprecated on our devkit devices. You can continue to access the Clover web dashboard from the Setup app.

https://help.clover.com/release_note/...

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered

The app is currently unavailable in the market but you can sideload the apk: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/develo... by connecting your device to ADB and running

adb install <filename>

in Terminal from the directory where the downloaded file is located.

The app will be pushed to the market in the future. Thank you for bring this to our attention.

10 |2000

wuser08 avatar image
wuser08 answered wuser08 published
I tried to sideload the Clover Browser apk from the link as you advised over ADB. It fails with INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION every time. I was able to sideload other apps like Clover Shifts, Google Calendar, etc., though. However, only the apps supported by the device (e.g., Clover Shifts), which can also be installed from AppMarket, seem to work.
Not sure if anything changed since the last response in 2016, but just wanted to check if there is a way to install Clover Browser on dev kit. Please advice.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community