question

Robin Walmsley avatar image
Robin Walmsley asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Owner PIN not received via API call

I have setup 3 test merchants in the sandbox to test my web app. With all except the primary test account, the "owner" pin is not sent to my web app. I use the PIN as the password for the login process into my web app.

The employees are coming across from the API as "expanded" in a Merchant API Get, so I tried detecting for the absence of the PIN and tried the following PHP

if (!isset($employee->pin)) {               
$HttpSocket = new HttpSocket();
$employee = $HttpSocket->request([
    'uri' => Configure::read('clover_api').'merchants/'.$this->params['url'].'merchant_id'].'/employees/'.$employee->id.'?access_token='.$access_token,
    ]);

$employee = json_decode($employee->body);
}

The PIN is also not present in the object $employee. What is the reason for this?

Thanks Robin

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hi Robin,

The term 'PIN' is in the process of being replaced with 'passcode', so I'll refer to that term accordingly. The merchant/owner will create an 'admin' employee and admin passcode as part of the OOBE when they receive their device. For the test merchants that you're setting up... are you going through the OOBE or just setting them up via the web dashboard?

Let me know if this helps answer your question. Or please provide specific merchantIDs if further clarification is required.

Mark

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community