question

lingaraja avatar image
lingaraja asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Can I able to get customer email address and phone number when card swipe?

I need the customer email address and phone number when a card is swiped. From the payment information I can get card holder name and card details. by using this information can I get customer email? Two classification one is an existing customer for a merchant and another one is new customer for the merchant. can anyone give me the idea for this?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hi @lingaraja,

Piggybacking off of our other thread here: https://devask.clover.com/question/70...

A card swipe and retrieving the customer email are independent events. To your point... if the merchant is transacting a new customer, then the customer may or may not choose to enter their email address which Clover would capture. We don't fire a broadcast that would let you know that a customer has added/updated their email address, so the best thing to do would be to wait an arbitrary amount of time, and using the OrderID from the PAYMENT_PROCESSED broadcast, to orderConnector.getOrder("ORDER_ID").getCustomers(). Each Customer may or may not have an email address associated with it.

Hope this helps-

Mark

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community